Okay, so I hate country music.........but I'm not talking music here. I'm talking geography.I live in Paradise, CA........small town, rural, trees, gravel roads, hillbillies and mobile homes.
The country!
I've lived here now for 10 years. The longest I've ever lived in one place.
And I'm gettin' itchy.
I like the country............ a lot of the time I even like living in the country. But, there is that part of me that misses the city.
Sidewalks, shopping, culture, lights, real homes, cul-de-sacs and parks...........something calls to me.
But would I be happy there? I have lived in big cities...........some of the biggest.........Atlanta, LA, Memphis, Kansas City...............I know city life.
I wonder if there is a happy medium somewhere out there. Part of my problems lies with California itself. Who can afford to live in the cities? But, I'm not sure if I even want to live in California's country anymore either. My home state......my birthplace......O' land that I love........it just aint what it used to be.
That makes me angry.....that it isn't what it used to be............what I want it to be. But, I wonder what really is anymore.
So, do I try to be happy here in the country in my dinky house (because its all I can afford in California), in the country, in California? Or........do I look outside this box, searching for something else. What if I leave and I'm not happy?
My whole blog is about finding Paradise no matter where you are.........but does that mean you have to stay where you don't want to be?
I'm not sure of the answer.............but I"m open to suggestions!
3 comments:
Maybe try the website www.findyourspot.com? Or something like it? No place is perfect, though. Home is where you hang your hat, right? Good luck!
No answers...just wanted to comment!
Oh, I like FindYourspot.com that is a cool site and I like the places it recommends.........I just can't decide if I really want to take the plunge or not.
Jenileigh..........you are so funny!
Post a Comment