I am now reading this book and it is much different than I expected it to be. It is very upfront about the battle women face in regards to their sexual integrity. I expected a bunch of typical fare.......give your husband sex, stay away from temptation, yadda yadda. But this book goes into so much more than this.

It talks about where temptation starts for women.....in what we hear. As opposed to men, which are visual......ours is tied into what we say and what others say to us. It also discusses that for some women using their sexuality as power over men is what drives them. I had never thought about it before, but I have to admit I have done this my whole life. When I was younger I found great thrill in seducing men/boys only to toss them aside once I had them "hooked".......the thrill was in the conquest, not in the prize.
So many a book, pastor or show tries to tell us that sexual sin and temptation is a solely male problem........I want to stand up and scream that is so not true! In fact, in many ways it is more difficult for women. Men know what tempts them and it is quite obvious when they have fallen into sin. For women the lines are much blurrier.......because for us it isn't strictly about the physical act of sex, but is about the emotional affairs we carry around as fantasies that cross the line as well.
This is something that has been on my mind a lot lately............no, not just sex (although that's been on my mind too)........but about my own sexual integrity. This is something I have struggled with since I was a teenager.......and continue to struggle with. As I desire to be a Godly woman, I find myself constantly challenged to change my patterns of how I think about my husband, the thoughts I entertain change me, and having my own sexual needs fulfilled while still honoring my husband.
I know this is something we normally sweep under the rug.........we don't talk about it...........and I was reluctant to post this message. In fact I asked my husband's permission before posting so as not to create any discord or hurt. I think it is important enough to air a little of my own dirty laundry in order to hopefully encourage other women to step out and do some introspection of their own.
No comments:
Post a Comment