I love my blog, and the people here who read it and I think it is an important part of who I am.....but sometimes life gets in the way. And I think its meant to be that way.
When we let our electronic life get in the way of our real life, there's a problem. So, for me.....I'm going to post as I can......when it fits into my real life. Sometimes it will be daily and other times weekly......I doubt I can't find the time at least then to update my online life.
So for now.........there are a few things up, but we'll take them one at a time. For today I'll tell you about my new reads.

Shanghai Girls......this was a great book, but how could it not be after her book Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. The author has such a grasp on Chinese culture and history and then interweaves it into the most human story. I recommend any of her books......
If they do it right, I do hope they make a movie out of at least one of these books.
I'm now reading The Alchemist. This was on my list of things to read eventually but I'm reading it now as my daughter just finished reading it for her Honors English class next year. Its in the house and is a quick read (finished half the book yesterday and will finish it today). My daughter found it boring but I, as an adult, see all the gems of wisdom throughout this book. It is a book of journies and of life. The answer to which is not to let it get by you, not to give up on dreams, and to never doubt your ability to achieve anything. There is a true spiritual component here.

My reading has not been as full this year as last.....but I'm still plugging along and enjoying those books I choose to read.

No comments:
Post a Comment