Saturday, May 16, 2009

Reading Update

SO I haven't posted much about my reading lately...........mostly because I have been lagging in my reading as life has gotten predictably busy during this "end of the school year" time.

I am reading two books though that I wanted to share with you....

Portrait of a Lady by Henry James

Not for the casual reader for sure. This book is full of old English and descriptions that can last for pages.......I'm trucking through and actually enjoying the book, but it will definitely take me awhile. A great book in the thread of Jane Austen and Emily Bronte.





My second read was something a friend gave me that just upon reading the cover made me certain I would enjoy it.


Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers


What more can I really say about that........either you'll love it or you'll never pick it up, not a lot inbetween there. Part History, Part Comedy, Part Weirdly Interesting.....all together a good combination.








Whatcha reading out there.................something new, something interesting???


No comments: