Monday, April 13, 2009

Someone has to remember

I didn't live during these times, but I did grow up with an appreciation of what these men and women did for our country. Patriotism is a dying practice and our current president longs for a One World Government and has shown over his less than 6 months in office that he is no patriot......and more so is ashamed of the country in which he now represents. I hope these posters from yesteryear inspire you to remember why and how America was formed and what these freedoms we now enjoy cost.


These were our parents. What in God's name have we let happen? I guess we are the last generation to see, or even remember anything like these? Whatever happened? Political correctness (or "re-education") happened, lack of God's name happened, lack of personal responsibility happened, lack of personal integrity and honesty happened, lack of respect and loyalty to our country happened, lack of being an American happened.


2 comments:

Urban Mom said...

It's ironic that you posted this. I just finished watching Band of Brothers ... I know, no time like the present, huh? ... which I had recorded off of the History channel and took a few months to go through. All I wanted to do was throw my arms around the first 80yo man I could find and thank him from the bottom of my sissy, wimpy little heart. (and it's sissy and wimpy because it CAN be due to what those guys did) I'm scratching my head over what's happening today, as well.

Redefining Paradise- Rachel said...

We loved Band of Brothers...it really showed the true nature of war and the fight for freedom...and boy am I glad I'm free to say that!