Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dancing, lots of dancing...

So the twins have a dance this weekend, Oldest son is performing in a dance show........my weekend is filled with dancing.

Tonight is the night we go to see oldest son's performance and I'm excited to see what they've been working on all these months. I purposely stayed away from practice and rehersals so that I would be surprised, and tonight is the night.

It is amazing the feeling of pride you get when one of your children has done something new, on their own, something not guided by you.

In a small way there is a sadness that they can do things without your input........but this is how it is supposed to be. They make decisions, follow directions and move forward on their own accord. And he's doing it.....

I'm happy for him, excited for him, proud of him..........all the things a mother hopes to be.

No comments: