Friday, February 13, 2009

Quick Update

Well I survived the procedure, even if it was not a fun experience. Can't really describe the feeling of needles in the base of your spine and the pressure from the medication being plunged into the epidural space. The subsequent numb legs was odd as well.

So here I am the next day, after a restless sleep, as I could find no comfortable position, trying to find a way to sit that takes the pressure off the sore spots. Sitting at the computer is not one of them, so I am making this quick.

I hope it works. The Dr. said I will get rebound pain for the next couple of days as the medication irritates the nerves and it will actually increase my pain beyond its normal levels. THis much I believe, as I'm living that now.

The hope is that once the medicine disippates out of the epidural space the pressure will lessen and will go to work. Steroids to reduce inflammation, pain relieving drugs and whatever else goodies he snuck in there.

So, thanks for the prayers.........I'm going to go sit on my pillow now and try to read that book I failed to finish last weekend.....



No comments: