So, I've left you out in the cold. But I promise its only temporary.......
My mom had surgery yesterday on her hand, and all went well. It's nice working at the hospital and getting some special perks, like getting to go into the Recovery Room with her. You know..........to go where the rest of you ordinary people don't get to go. :)
Anyway, funny how someone going under anesthesia helps us to reevaluate your relationship with people. As I pushed her off into the OR (not literally, there are some things even "I" am not allowed to do) I vowed to spend more time with her, not get so mad at the irritating things she does, blah blah blah. Of course I meant them, I mean I mean them now :) but I just find it funny that we run through all these things in our heads in these times of uncertainty.
So, now that's she's ok I hope that I will keep my promises to myself........thank God I didn't say them out loud or she would force me to keep every one of them. But, if nothing else, it is good for us to remember how much we love the people close to us and to not take them for granted.
So, I promise to write more next week and not neglect you........really.
No comments:
Post a Comment