I love holidays.......but they are a lot of work.
And speaking of work............I had to work Wednesday night, so I didn't get off until Thanksgiving morning. I felt pretty wasted the first part of the day, so I'm glad I didn't have to entertain. It was just us....nice and small and quiet........but we had fun.
Scrabble and Rock Band were the order of the day in-between eating heartily. Thank God for my husband since he prepared most of the meal. I'm afraid Christmas will be the same as I have to work Christmas Eve night and won't get off until Christmas morning. Wow, that will be a long day.
Yes we did the Black Friday frenzy too........although we took some friends with us and waited until later in the day. It wasn't too bad.........and we really just window shopped for the most part........it was nice.
My daughter broked down and bought herself a Nintendo DS, something she has wanted for awhile now and had the money for now.........she got a good deal by trading in her old GameBoy so good for her!
Alright.........that is my check in for now, but I'll have more later.
UPDATE: Okay, so I have a second to tell you a couple of details. My homemade cranberry sauce was a hit and so it is out with the jellied can stuff and in with the homebrewed. It was so stinkin easy too
Cranberry Sauce
1 pkg 12 oz fresh cranberries
1 cup orange juice
1 cup sugar
1 small can mandarin oranges
Dissolve sugar in the orange juice over medium heat. Add cranberries and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, drop back to medium and let cook down until it becomes a thick sauce and the cranberries begin to burst. Remove from heat, add mandarin oranges and refrigerate overnight.
Good stuff!
Hope all had a great Thanksgiving
2 comments:
Sounds good, I'm writing this down to use for Christmas!
it was so stinkin easy........and everyone really liked it. And if you don't like "chunky" cranberry sauce, you can puree it!
Post a Comment