Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bonus Post: 999 List

Okay, so today you get 2 posts...........this one I wanted to talk about the 999 List idea.



I wanted to encourage you to start thinking about putting together a list so you can start off right on January 1st and have a full 365 days to work on your list. While I have come up with some ideas of my own...........and I even plan to devote one day a month (the 9th of course) to hearing about everyones progress on their 999 List throughout the year........I hope you will each consider those things that are important to you and make your own list.........and most important is share it........tell me, cause I want to hear!

I'm not all about the New Year Resolution's idea.......but this is more about keeping track of things that are important to me throughout the year. To keep me on track..........I need that, I like it........it makes me feel productive and successful.

There are list people and non-list people..........I'm a Lister..........I don't understand the non-Listers...........they scare me.

Recap: 9 items in 9 categories in 2009

So here is my tentative 999 List
1. Random Acts of Kindness
9 things that I can do this year to make a difference in someone else's life
2. Home Improvement Projects
I have a closet that needs cleaning, a room to paint and a window that needs drapes........I
know I can think of at least 6 more!
3. To Watch List
I never did get to see the North and South miniseries...and what about that movie at the video store I always plan to get but never do........that'll be on my list.
4. Places to Go, People to See
I want to go to Disneyland next year, drive the 101 Hwy and see my uncle in Oregon
5. Learn Something New
I gotta learn PhotoShop, I want to master Suduko (I just don't get that game) and have my son show me how to Tango.
6. Nourish Body, Soul and Mind
Get a massage, play my WiiFit, Do bible study with my 2 buddies (you know who you are), go hiking with the family.
7. Relationship Builders
Take my dogs for walks, a getaway with hubby, play games with my kids
8. Classics to Conquer
Those classics that seem daunting but I know I can do it...........Les Miserables, Portrait of a Lady, the list goes on..........
9. The List That Will Go Over 9
All other books I read this year.........some trash, some instructional, not my classics list........but everything else

So that is my list as of today........I'm sure it will change some, but I at least have a framework to build from.

Start thinking and let me know what you come up with........

No comments: