The great thing about the internet is that I can still read their websites....even without filling out a statement of faith. (Which really bug me anyway, but that's another post)
So, here we have a great site with some truly interesting and useful information about the history of Christmas traditions. It also has ways we can keep these traditions going.
I'm not dogmatic about much, and I'm only half-heartedly dedicated to traditions (in other words I pick and choose what I cherish as tradition.......like sausage rolls and putting the tree up right after Turkey Day.
In my heart of hearts though I have a deep longing for meaningful traditions. Focus on the word meaningful. Like Christmas.........we have plenty of traditions........but how many of them are truly focused on keeping Christ the center of our celebration? I'm ashamed to say.......not many.
So, if you, like me, long for some meaning in your holiday and are searching for ways to share that with your family......check out the site........its a starting point at the very least.
Keeping Christ in Christmas
No comments:
Post a Comment