
You know..........Turkey Day, Thanksgiving!
I'm starting to get my mind around the idea that it is right around the corner.........mostly because it is.
So as I'm planning my meal I am trying to balance between seeing too many dollar signs and keeping tradition alive.
Our Menu:
Turkey
Dressing
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Vegetable.........which one, time will tell
Cranberry Sauce
Rolls (I really only buy these for leftover turkey sandwiches later that day and Black Friday)
Pumpkin Pie
Yep..........its that simple sports fans. I'm not spending $200..........and some of it might even be boxed (GASP!!!) . Now let me explain myself............I'm not normally that girl. But..........and its a big but. I have to work all day Monday/Tuesday AND I'm working the Wednesday night shift...........that's right, I don't get off until Thanksgiving Day morning at 7am.
Now wouldn't you be that girl too? Really......
I may not be able to bring myself to do it...........but in the back of my head is the B Plan and it may involve some premade products which will remain nameless for now.
So what's on your menu???
I'm starting to get my mind around the idea that it is right around the corner.........mostly because it is.
So as I'm planning my meal I am trying to balance between seeing too many dollar signs and keeping tradition alive.
Our Menu:
Turkey
Dressing
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Vegetable.........which one, time will tell
Cranberry Sauce
Rolls (I really only buy these for leftover turkey sandwiches later that day and Black Friday)
Pumpkin Pie
Yep..........its that simple sports fans. I'm not spending $200..........and some of it might even be boxed (GASP!!!) . Now let me explain myself............I'm not normally that girl. But..........and its a big but. I have to work all day Monday/Tuesday AND I'm working the Wednesday night shift...........that's right, I don't get off until Thanksgiving Day morning at 7am.
Now wouldn't you be that girl too? Really......
I may not be able to bring myself to do it...........but in the back of my head is the B Plan and it may involve some premade products which will remain nameless for now.
So what's on your menu???
1 comment:
We don't have room to host T-G, so we don't. But someday, when we do, I'm calling it in with a Visa number. Trust me. It's safer for everyone if I do. But for this year, we're going to some good friends' here in Chicago. They just remodeled their house, so this is their Show-Off holiday. And they're great at entertaining (read: feeding the masses), so it'll be fun.
Have fun with the meal planning. You'll have a lot to be proud of!
Post a Comment