I wonder how many people out there really understand the importance of Veteran's Day.
My kids think its just a day off of school. But we have worked hard to instill in them an appreciation for those who have served in the Armed Forces.
I wonder if it because too much time has passed since a World War has happened. Now they watch a "war" on television.........its been sanitized and removed.
They say that a presidential canidadate's military record means less and less each election...culminating in this year's election where a non-service man won out over a POW and hero.
Hmmmm.........
So, on this day as a daughter of someone who served in Vietnam and the granddaughter of a man who stood on the beaches of Normandy Beach on D-Day
Thank you............thank you for allowing me to remain in a free country, thank you for giving of yourself and your family so that I may live free.
My kids think its just a day off of school. But we have worked hard to instill in them an appreciation for those who have served in the Armed Forces.
I wonder if it because too much time has passed since a World War has happened. Now they watch a "war" on television.........its been sanitized and removed.
They say that a presidential canidadate's military record means less and less each election...culminating in this year's election where a non-service man won out over a POW and hero.
Hmmmm.........
So, on this day as a daughter of someone who served in Vietnam and the granddaughter of a man who stood on the beaches of Normandy Beach on D-Day
Thank you............thank you for allowing me to remain in a free country, thank you for giving of yourself and your family so that I may live free.
No comments:
Post a Comment