By Sunday it was still keeping me down. So this morning I ventured out for the first time in 3 days to head on over to see the doc.
I was thinking more in the line of some stronger meds to knock me out cold until the pain passed...............she, on the other hand, was thinking of something more in the injectable realm.
Now you know I'm interested in nursing/respiratory therapy........the medical field. I mean, really, I work in the ER and you don't even want to know the stuff I see there.
Needles don't bother me.............................as long as they are pointed at someone else.
But for me............not so much.
So the doc wants to poke me "a couple of times" (her words). A nice hip injection of heavy duty anti-inflammatories and then a "few" what she called "Trigger Point Injections"
Let me think about that............hmmmmmmmm.............NO!

Not only do you want me to get a shot, which is not on my to do list today, but you want me to get them in the places that hurt the most in my back.
Do I seem apprehensive doc???
So, long story short.............I got the shots. Yeah, it sucked............but it did help with the pain.
Anytime you have to have a ride waiting for you because you aren't allowed to drive, you know its going to be good.
So, I got some relief from the pain.........2 days off work......a couple of needle prick marks in places none of you will ever see...........all in all, a good day.
See, that's me looking at the brighter side.
No comments:
Post a Comment