Well, if you have ever seen the movie Dumb and Dumber you already know about this.......but just in case you haven't or need a refreshing I've included the clip here so you can get the full impact of my story today.
I worked last night........or should I say I attempted to work last night.
Ohh, aroud 7pm (halfway through my shift) a fire alarm went off in my office. See part of my job is monitoring and responding to all the alarms and codes that go off in the hospital. So on occassion the fire alarm goes off........no biggie. I look at it and it gives me a "trouble" alarm.......not a true fire alarm, just something that should be looked at. I proceed to silence the alarm and call Maintenance at home to let him know.
Approximately 3 minutes later..........the alarm goes off again...........same drill. This time the fire alarm company calls to let me know there is a fire alarm going off........REALLY??? Is THAT what that noise is?
Then........approximately every 3 minutes...........for the NEXT FOUR HOURS........the alarm goes off. I'm pretty sure I was as close to a psychotic break as I ever will be. I'm even pretty sure they used this technique with POW's at some point because I'm telling you.........I would have told anyone.....anything..........JUST TO MAKE IT STOP!
I proceeded to write an email to my supervisor informing her of the evening's events. I made sure to let her know that we all expected to receive hazard pay for the night, that if my co-worker was still there in the morning they should consider it nothing short of a miracle, that using finger gestures while turning the alarm off actually DOES help with your blood pressure, and that I was momentarily going home to drink heavily.
So, just for affect.........I would really like you to replay the clip above let's say 5 times in a row................then visualize about 495 of those over the span of 4 hours and you'll get it......
My eye is still twitching, but I believe it really will go away with time.........and silence.
We will now return to the regularly scheduled broadcast.......
No comments:
Post a Comment