Friday, April 18, 2008

It's an Emergency!


Room that is....

No, I'm not going there as a patient

I'm being transferred there as an employee

Yep, that's right I'm moving 'cross town.......or at least across the hospital to the ER.

This is what I wanted, so I'm happy.......but it sure takes awhile for stuff to happen around here.......it may take weeks......but I hope not more than that. They've cut back my hours at my PBX job to 2 days a week, so I can be ready to start in ER once they hire someone to take over my job......but in the meantime my income just got cut in half........yeah (she says weakly).

But, I'm still excited about the change and so in the spirt of my lateral employment move I'm sharing what is I'm sure to be the first of many Top Ten lists regarding ER humor.

Top Ten Worst Prognostic Signs for a Patient in the Emergency Room


1. The Emergency Doctor tells you the patient is "well known" to your unit.
2. The patient:
a. Is a nurse

b. Was a nurse\is a nurse

c. Is related to a nurse


3. The patient has a suitcase packed.
4. The patient is off having a cigarette when you arrive.
5. The patient's referral letter:
a. Is written on a prescription form

b. Contains the words "I'm sorry."
6. The patient wont talk to you because:
a. They're unconscious

b. They've decided they "don't like you."
7. The patient has a charcoal grin.
8. The patient's ECG trace is so bad even the machine won't attempt to analyse it.
9. The patient has track marks over their radial artery.
10. The patient's medications fill:
a. A shopping bag

b. A second suitcase

No comments: