
Well plans are under way for our second mission trip coming up this July. Last year I helped lead a team of 12 from our church on a mission trip into the Tenderloin District in San Francisco. It was an awesome experience, and was especially so for me as it was the first mission trip for all 3 of my children.
This year I am going as a participant only (hard for me and my take charge personality) but the woman who helped me co-lead last year will do a fantastic job this year, I'm sure of it.

This year I am going as a participant only (hard for me and my take charge personality) but the woman who helped me co-lead last year will do a fantastic job this year, I'm sure of it.
We are going with a different organization this year, strictly based on the fact that they are Christ based all the way. The group we went with last year, CSM-Center for Student Missions was great and gave us tons of different experiences, but much of their work is not done in Jesus' name, but in the name of love. Very worthwhile, but we wanted something where the gospel was not so stifled. So, this year we are going with City Impact. A group we worked with last year through CSM, but whom we have developed a relationship with over the year. 

We will be working at children's programs, distributing food to the homeless, prayer walks, thrift store work and soup kitchen duties. Even more exciting is that they are moving into a new facility and we will help with construction of making that space ready for them. All the while, God's love will be shown and we will be able to share the gospel with the folks we come in contact with.
The most exciting thing is that my husband will be coming with us this year.........so this will be a WHOLE family experience this year. While totally out of his comfort zone (he did not grow up in a Christian home, and has never been on a mission trip) I am proud of him for "thinking outside the box" and trying to make a difference.

I can't wait!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment