Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Another one bites the dust........

or hits the bookshelf I should say. Yes, one more book scratched off my 888 list. And this was a good one.

Intimate Issues: 21 Questions Christian Women Ask About Sex


Now this isn't a typical book for me.........my self help book days have been long over. I gave up after I had read every homeschooling, parenting, marriage book on the market several years ago and I swore I would never read another one. It seemed like so much was redundant info regurgitated in new form or wasn't realistic or didn't address my exact needs. So overall I'm still not into these types of books, but this one I thought would be good.


And it was.



After being married for almost 17 years sometimes we need a reminder of what marriage is all about and about the gift of intimacy God has given us as husband and wife. I must admit my own failings in this area as I have let this take a backseat to so many other things over the years. What I really enjoyed in this book was the point they made about this cycle of love and desire.......the more we love our husbands the more desire we have and the more desire we have the more love........

Why can't I remember this on a daily basis? Why do I allow so many nonconsequental things to get in the way?

Anywho......a great book to get you excited (pun intended) about romancing you know who....




And just in time for Valentine's Day

No comments: